This Guided Adventure Run is great for intermediate/experienced runners who want an introduction to mountain running. The route is demanding but accessible for well-trained runners.
It connects Melakwa lakes and Pratt Lakes.
Length: 13M Elevation Gain: 3,400 ft.
Duration: +/- 6h. You’ll find two major climbs but not too steep per trail running standard. You’ll enjoy Singletrack trails and non-crowded trails.
- Half-day run.
- Recommended start at 08:00 AM from the Denny Creek trailhead. Or earlier to avoid the crowd.
- From Denny Creek Trailhead to Pratt lake Trailhead.
- Need two cars to avoid the 3 miles of road running.
What is Included
- GPX file of the route. This is the file you upload to your GPS watch or smartphone using an app such as GAIA GPS.
- Training on how to use GAIA GPS.
- Briefing about the route that the trails follow as well as the landmarks and expectations. Duration to complete the route will also be discussed.
- Opportunity to join online pre-briefings for a Q&A session.
- Gear and training recommendations. What to bring, how to use specific gear…
- Opportunity to signup for a specific 12-week training plan.
- Option to join a Motivation Running Club run on that route at specific dates. email us for details: email@example.com.
- Motivation Running Club membership for one year (you save $45).
- Invitation to join the Motivation Running Community private Facebook group.
What is not included
- Transportation to and from trailheads unless specified.
- Food and hydration during the run, and post-run.
- Gear required for the run.
- Personal safety kit.