Benefits of running
The running benefits. Take a moment to think about the reason why you run and the benefits of running.
I am pretty sure you did not wake up one day and just went running. Just like that! There is a reason behind it.
Maybe you realized you were not in good shape and couldn’t play with your kids? Maybe you needed more “me” time? or you had a health issue and your doc told you to exercise if you wanted to have a chance to see your grandkids? Others are running to lose weight, enjoy nature, being outside, de-stress, reconnect with themselves…
But what if running actually was a means to transform you inside and out? Since you started running did you notice a change? and I am not talking about only a physical change.
Abstract from Runner’s World article:
It has been proven that one of the benefits of running is that it does stimulate your brain:
- Increase Focus and reasoning ability
- Get high without using drugs – endorphins release
- Reduces stress and elevates mood over the long term – Happiness
- Running at a higher intensity can cut your appetite
- Running could trigger the growth of new brain tissue
- Staying fit as you age is vital in keeping your brain in good shape
- Reduce your risk of suffering from dementia
Now, go for a run and encourage those around you to do the same. It is for their own good.